Scenario Navigator 3.0.0
Release date 30-01-2009
Scenario Navigator® 3.0 offers a tremendous amount of new functionality for our users, as well as improved functionality based on feedback from our users group. Underneath you find an overview of the most important changes. As an existing customer you can simply download version 3.0 by logging into your customer account on our webstore.
An overview of important new functionality in Scenario Navigator 3.0.
Matrix tables became fully functional spreadsheets. Apart from raw data values, each matrix cell can contain a formula which computes a value based on other matrix cells. Furthermore, matrix tables can now be written to input files for a simulation model. Similarly, matrix tables can also be used to import model results.
Several improvements were made to dashboards:
* Dashboards can be repositioned in the navigation tree,
* Dashboards can be made scalable to adjust to different screen sizes,
* Table widgets can show a subset of the available columns,
* Picture widgets can now display scaled and stretched images,
* A navigation bar was implemented to ease the navigation through the available dashboards.
Advanced users of Scenario Navigator regularly make use of database queries to aggregate and process data from different tables. Scenario Navigator 3.0 supports the editing of existing queries in the query-wizard
Active users window
In many cases several users are working on the same Scenario Navigator project simultaneously. Scenario Navigator now provides an Active Users window, so you can easily see which colleagues are also working on the same project.
Support for Plant Simulation
Next to already supported simulation engines Scenario Navigator 3.0 also supports Tecnomatix Plant simulation (Siemens).
Scenario Navigator API
Although Scenario Navigator already provides a substantial amount of functionality out of the box, sometimes additional functionality may be required for specific purposes. The architecture of Scenario Navigator 3.0 was improved and now provides a clear and open interface to make it possible to add custom functionally. Scenario Navigator product extensions can be implemented as custom dashboard widgets, buttons that trigger custom algorithms or data processing functionality, or custom menu-bar items. Similarly the simulation engine integration architecture has been improved. For more information on the Scenario Navigator API please contact Systems Navigator.
Other new functionality
* Several improvements to the Scenario Navigator architecture.
* Several improvements to the Scenario Navigator user interface.
* Label counters have more options to set style elements such as colors and fonts.
* Support for single scenario reports as well as single scenario charts and gauges.